On the Job
I'm a skilled Product Developer with more than 6 years experience with:
- Delivering robust and well-tested solutions
- Estimating, breaking down and prioritising feature requirements
- Maintaining large codebases and API surfaces
- Architecting programs and directing technical decisions
- Bringing the solution home as a team effort
My technical skillset includes:
- Writing composable, testable and reusable front end code
- Designing APIs and data structures
- Writing test scenarios and test implementations of all kinds
- Tracking down and mitigating performance issues
- Formulating technical decisions in long-form writing
I'm often at the forefront of front end development, and have previously pioneered and led the use of technologies and techniques like:
- CSS preprocessors
- Responsive web design
- Statecharts and state machines
- Advanced TypeScript and functional programming
- EcmaScript modules and module bundling
But don't worry! Even though I'm a developer, I don't lack the human touch. I also have experience with people-facing roles such as:
- On-boarding new team members
- Co-hosting customer workshops
- Producing learning materials
- Visiting customers on premise
- Writing release notes
After a couple of years of doing agency work in Denmark, I moved to Oslo, Norway, in 2016 to join Stibo DX (then Escenic) where I've helped build the flagship product CUE from the ground up and into a CMS used by large media groups all over the world. In 2021 I moved back to my hometown Aarhus with my family. Shortly thereafter I joined Cactus Communications. Here I work on the Paperpal team where we help academic authors write better manuscripts faster.
Senior Frontend Engineer (and Team Lead)
At Cactus Communications I work on the Paperpal team where I help build the next generation tools for authors to write better manuscripts faster. Besides doing front-end development, I also function as a Team Lead, trying to ensure great communication within the team.
Stibo DX AS (previously known as Escenic AS)
At Stibo DX I worked in the R&D department where I helped build CUE: a flexible and extendable CMS for newsrooms. I was primarily involved in the development of a completely new content creation workflow akin to the WordPress Gutenberg editor. The project requires a keen eye for the UX as well the communication flow between front end and back end.
Create Inside ApS
At Create Inside I functioned as a Drupal developer, front-end developer, graphic designer, consultant and teacher.
Webdesign v/ Christian Grøngaard
Odense and Aarhus
In between studies and misc. jobs I did some freelancing with a focus on the front end.
Intern and Student Developer
At OnlinePlus I worked as a WordPress developer and graphic designer, leading the way in developing fluid and responsive websites.
Originally setting out to study Computer Science, I eventually decided to shift my focus to designing and developing actual apps and interfaces, studying a Bachelor of Web Development.
Bachelor of Web Development
Business Academy Aarhus
AP Graduate in Multimedia Design and Communication
University College Lillebælt
At UCL I had a blast designing and creating websites as well as programming apps and games in Flash/ActionScript.
Den Skandinaviske Designhøjskole
For half a year I attended a course in digital and tactile graphic design.
I attended Computer Science for two semesters where I got hooked on object-oriented programming in Java.
Pop Revo Festival
I created the website, poster, social media graphics and more for the 2015 edition of the legendary and trendsetting Pop Revo music festival.
I provided the underground Flux Festival with unique websites matching their visual style.
Lyd I Provinsen
I did the website and visual identity for the radio station Lyd I Provinsen.
Medieudvalget, Det Danske Spejderkorps
I provided Det Danske Spejderkorps with HTML, CSS and various graphics.
- Danish: Perfect, written and spoken
- English: Fluent, written and spoken
- Norwegian: Intermediate, written and spoken